Vernon & Kelowna Home Inspections
Gord Hatch is a registered, licensed Home Inspector, who is certified by the Home Inspectors Association BC (HIABC), with ACAC certification (American Counsel for Accredited Certification). Hatch Home Inspections is fully insured and licenced by Consumer Protection BC. We adhere to the highest Standards of Practice and follow the Home Inspection Association BC (HIABC) Scope of Inspection and Code of Ethics.
Hatch Home Inspections uses Home Gauge Software. Our clients can login and view reports at any time. We make use of a comprehensive template to ensure no area of inspection is overlooked. Our reports include photos and videos. View a sample report.
The following is a summary checklist:
- Exterior: We examine cladding, trim and flashing, eaves, soffits and facias, doors windows, decks, balconies and applicable railings. We also assess vegetation, grading, driveways, walkways and retaining walls.
- Roof: We inspect roof covering/materials, penetrations, chimneys, venting, flashing, and roof drainage system.
- Garage: Ceiling, walls, floor, doors, door operation, occupant to door home, windows.
- Structure: This includes inspecting the foundation, basement, crawlspace, walls, columns, piers, floors, ceiling, roof structure, attic.
- Interior: We examine ceilings, walls, floors, steps, railings, stairways, balconies, counters, cabinets, doors, windows.
- Mechanical Systems: Mechanical systems will be checked - furnace brand and age, BTU’s, air conditioner.
- Plumbing Systems: Supply, distribution, drain, water heating brand, name and age, water heating capacity.
- Electrical Systems: The Electrical system will be inspected for safety and includes examining service entrance conductors, panel location, type of circuit breakers, outside plug receptacles, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors
- Insulation and Ventilation: Inspecting for proper ventilation. Includes type of insulation, approximate R-value, presence of vapor retarders.
- Bathrooms: We will examine sinks and bathroom fixtures, under the sink, traps, tubs, showers and around toilet.
- Laundry Room: We assess hookups, drain waste diameter, venting.