A home inspection is a thorough, visual non-invasive inspection of your home. We recognise that your home is one of the most valuable investments you will make and understand the importance of an in-depth and trustworthy home inspection.
Clients are encouraged to attend a walk through with the home inspector. This will provide you with the opportunity to ask questions and gives you the knowledge and confidence you need to buy or sell a home.
Clear, concise and easy to understand electronic reports with full-colour photos. Paper copies on request.
Buying a home is a big investment.
An inspection reduces risk of hidden costs and gives you peace of mind.
New Home Inspections
Vacant Home Checks
Mould and Air Testing
Hatch Home Inspections uses Home Gauge Software. Our clients can login and view reports at any time. We make use of a comprehensive template to ensure no area of inspection is overlooked. Our reports include photos and videos. View a sample report.
The following is a summary checklist:
- Exterior: We examine cladding, trim and flashing, eaves, soffits and facias, doors windows, decks, balconies and applicable railings. We also assess vegetation, grading, driveways, walkways and retaining walls.
- Roof: We inspect roof covering/materials, penetrations, chimneys, venting, flashing, and roof drainage system.
- Garage: Ceiling, walls, floor, doors, door operation, occupant to door home, windows.
- Structure: This includes inspecting the foundation, basement, crawlspace, walls, columns, piers, floors, ceiling, roof structure, attic.
- Interior: We examine ceilings, walls, floors, steps, railings, stairways, balconies, counters, cabinets, doors, windows.
- Mechanical Systems: Mechanical systems will be checked - furnace brand and age, BTU’s, air conditioner.
- Plumbing Systems: Supply, distribution, drain, water heating brand, name and age, water heating capacity.
- Electrical Systems: The Electrical system will be inspected for safety and includes examining service entrance conductors, panel location, type of circuit breakers, outside plug receptacles, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors
- Insulation and Ventilation: Inspecting for proper ventilation. Includes type of insulation, approximate R-value, presence of vapor retarders.
- Bathrooms: We will examine sinks and bathroom fixtures, under the sink, traps, tubs, showers and around toilet.
- Laundry Room: We assess hookups, drain waste diameter, venting.